Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

I've always liked watching crime shows. CSI, Cold Case, Law & Order..I'll watch them all. Hubby doesn't understand my fascination with these shows. I think I was influenced by my dad who loves watching them as well.

So when I saw this book , The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo at the bookstore the other day I thought I'll give it a try. It's written by a Swedish author, Stieg Larsson. The story is about this financial journalist, Blomvkist, who was convicted of libel because he wrote this piece on a famous businessman in Sweden. The truth was he was tricked.

He decided to lay low for a while and stopped being a publisher and journalist for the magazine he owned. At the same time, a prominent businessman of a family empire, Henrik Vanger asked him to write a book about their family history but more importantly to solve the murder case of his niece, Harriet that happened years ago.

Of course he refused at first but Henrik told Blomkvist that he had information that would clear his name so finally relented. And that's when the story gets really interesting. Along the way he teams up with Lisbeth Sander, a weirdo private investigator who has a dragon tattoo hence the name of the book.

I really enjoyed how Stieg Larsson wrote about how Blomkvist with the help of Sander slowly uncovers the mystery and the deep dark secrets of tha Vanger family. It was a real page turner and I'm definitely going to buy his second novel, The Girl Who Played With Fire.

1 comment: