Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MAIDless

Yes, our maid of 11 months ran way last Friday. She called a cab when we were out and took along her passport with her. Oh and she also took along my mom's maid who just worked for 1 month.

Because my maid has worked more than 3 months, the agent will not provide us with a replacement. So we will need to fork out the agency fees again. At this rate I can get a Chanel bag with all the money I have paid the agent!

I'm really contemplating on whether I should get an Indonesian maid or a Filipino one. Although Filipinos are more expensive, at least they will give me less headaches. Even when we made the report at the police station, the policeman was saying it's common for Indonesians to run away. He said they were so many cases because it's easy for them to find work else where but it was rare for Filipino maids to do that. I guess they're more professional.

My cousin also had an issue with her maid this week as well. Her maid went back to Indonesia for Raya and had a miscarriage and the baby is not her husband's!

I get really irritated with comments like " Oh, how are we going to progress if we treat them like slaves!". The percentage who does that is only about 1%. What about the dishonest maids who steal our stuff, who runs away and who mistreat our children when they are entrusted to care for them.

We'll probably get a new maid because we need to take care of Sarah while we're at work and hopefully this time we'll be luckier.

3 comments:

  1. good luck babe, sorry to hear bout your maid. my bro pun nasib tak baik, selalu dpt maid yang suka buat hal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haih, risau reading about your maid. Its time for me to find a new maid as well (cos my current one wants to go home) and hopefully i'll get a good maid. No need to be remarkable. As long as jaga Aiden well pun dah cukup bagus. Good luck dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks huda & liz! tu lah apa nak buat. tapi nasib baik dia tak amik anything lah.
    yah i know liz. that's the most important thing kan. my maid yg lari tu is actually very good with sarah.

    ReplyDelete